Do you want to eat healthier but don't know where to start? One advice is to increase the amount of fruit consumed per day. According to the 2015 study "Disparities in State-Specific Adult Fruit and Vegetable Consumption", only 1 in 10 adults consumes enough fruit a day.
What can make your life easier? Well, fruit hacks! Cutting or peeling the fruit in a fast, less messy way can make you more inclined into eating more of it! Look into the following tips. Don't forget to share the new tricks with your friends and family.
Why should you give Mango more chances? According to food scientists: "mangoes are loaded with skin healing nutrients; for example, fibre in mangoes cleanses your gut that is overloaded with toxic substances."
The best way to cut it?
As a European, I used to peel the surface and make a huge mess. My Peruvian colleague rolled her eyes and taught me how to cut it in the right way and give some pride to that half-squeezed mango.
- Cut it in half by first determining the tallest line of the mango and avoiding the seed.
- Cut the sliced mango into small cubes.
- Make the cubes pop-up by pressing the skin and then use a knife to cut them out.
Did you also feel intimidated by this huge fruit? No need to be anymore. Papaya is a great source for magnesium, vitamin A and copper!
- The best way to consume it is by first cutting it in half on the long side.
- Use a spoon to remove the seeds inside.
- Cut it as you would do with watermelon.
Depending on the skin, mandarines sometimes can be easy to peel. Therefore they don´t need a fruit hack. However, sometimes the skin is difficult to remove. This hack can come into use!
- Cut the ends of your mandarin.
- Insert the knife into the skin and cut down one segmented part.
- Lay the mandarin out to a flat surface. The segments will separate very easily.
Do you want to eat healthier?
Start a new journey with the 7-day-healthy-challenge! Get each day tips from a nutritionist and make the first steps towards a healthier life! Join the mail gang for FREE! Fill the form down here!